- Holding the values and traditions of the sport in high esteem.
- Respect others and earning the respect of others by the way you behave on and off the pitch.
- Welcome all new team players and contribute to the wider club ethos on and off the pitch.
- The reason we play.
- Encourage all to enjoy and fully commit to training regardless of how hard or soft the session.
- Enjoy and do your best.
- Underpins the sport.
- Ensure you are controlled, honest and fair.
- Observe and abide with the laws to uphold the values of the game and the Referee is NOT the enemy, YES SIR, SORRY SIR.
- Captain ONLY speaks with the Referee.
- Control your emotions.
- Verbal or physical abuse of team mates, opponents, or match officials is NOT acceptable.
- The foundation on which all sports are built.
- We uphold the traditions of camaraderie with team mates and the opposition.
- You must observe fair play both on and off the pitch.
- Be generous in victory and dignified in defeat. Play to win but not at all costs.
PRINCIPLES OF PLAY:
- Commit to and contest at the contact area and all set piece.
- With possession you can go forward and control the game.
- The gain line is key for go forward.
- Understand where it is and always try to get over with speed, strength and consider kicking options.
- Most important aspect of a successful attack and defence.
- Player support to the ball carrier by good positions and communications.
- In defence you work in groups to prevent opposition crossing gain line.
- Good support in attack will build continuity and in defence will prevent continuity for the opposition.
- Effective support will provide continuity.
- Help retain possession and start the principle of play off again.
- Continuity will apply pressure.
- Speed in decisions will apply pressure to opposition and make them make mistakes, this will open up areas to target.
- We must train under pressure to ensure we can handle pressure.
COMMITMENT TO TRAINING:
- Key for all to set their watch at the same time and all turn up ready to start at the same time. Timings are critical to a successful training session.
- To master technical areas and set piece moves we need all players in attendance.
- Players must know when to switch on and focus on the session. Learn to switch on when required, leave all baggage in the changing room/side line.